Friday, June 24, 2011

Weeks 4 and 5

Today I am posting progress in EDEL 612 that spans the two weeks.  Last Wednesday, I ran off to the beach for a little sun & fun and was not available for my "normal" Friday posting.  So here goes....

Week 4 (June 12-19) was really all about "the mid-term" as I was trying to complete it before leaving for vacation.  I was able to do that and submitted both parts by June 15th.  I appreciated the immediate feedback so I would not have to think about my grades over the weekend!!  While at the beach, I did a great deal of reading (with cocktail in hand!) for both EDEL 612 and 621.  I was able to complete readings for Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 (due on the 26th) as well as many of the module readings for Dr. Flora.  I also selected the article from which I am going to write my critique for EDEL 621. 

When we returned June 20, I hit the ground running for that week's work!  First, I tackled my portion of the Group #2 PPT presentation.  The next two days was spent finalizing some work for Dr. Mesmer's TFA grant, but I finally wrapped it up the morning of June 22nd.  Later that evening, our group met in Breeze and reviewed both the PPT and crosswalk assignments.  We also discussed the "New Orleans" project and divvied up various assignments.  On the 23rd, Josie and I met for lunch and discussed various aspects of that assignment, including how to structure our response based on ISLLCS 1,3, and 4.  We also created a "response template" that the entire group could use.  On the 23rd and 24th (today!) I finished up some outstanding assignments in the Dropbox.  These included the following:  quizzes for Chapters 1, 4, 5, and 6; both individual assignments for Chapters 5 & 6; a review of Dr. M's itunes lecture and PPT/Crosswalk under course content; one "Discussion" posting; and of course....this Blog!!! 

Now, I am off to Raleigh to teach some dancing and do some antiquing!!!  Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment